04 Apr Asian cauliflower rice wraps
This cauliflower rice recipe is low in calories, high in nutritional value and very tasty. It combines sweet, spicy, pungent and salty. The perfect dish for a family dinner or even for entertaining. You can add more vegetables to your liking. The most important part is not to overcook the vegetables to keep the nutritional value. The lemon juice is infused with lemongrass essential oil to benefit from the properties of the plant.
Did you know that a full head of cauliflower is 11 grams of protein? Add the fiber of all the veggies in this dish and you will get a powerhouse of nutrition.
Time: 40 mins
Yields: 6 wraps approx
- 1 large size cauliflower
- 1 medium size yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 red pepper without seeds and veins diced
- 1 green zucchini diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- ¼ cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 green jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons for coconut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 1- 2 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 1 bag od romaine lettuce (washed and trimmed for wrapping)
- Trim the cauliflower florets, cutting away as much stem as possible. In batches, break up the florets into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles couscous.
- In a sauce pan, heat the coconut in medium-high heat and add the garlic and onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is transparent.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir for maximum 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir for 3 minutes. Then add the grated ginger, tamari sauce, turmeric powder. Let the rice dry a bit by removing the lid. Let simmer for maximum 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Once in the dish, add lemon juice infused with the lemongrass essential oil to each serve. It should be sour but not overpowering.
Scoop the spicy cauliflower rice onto the lettuce leave and wrap. Serve immediately.
I will love to hear from you once you decide to cook it for yourself or friends. If you like it please let me know and share it with others.