16 Nov Fit protein bars
Let me introduce you to my fit protein bars!
As you have seen already, I use oats in many of my recipes. It is an inexpensive cereal full of nutrients: it helps lower cholesterol, balance sugar levels in the blood, rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Added to these benefits, we have chia seeds, dehydrated unsweetened coconut and orange essential oils. And it’s an easy recipe!
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ¼ cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups of old fashioned oats
- ½ cup of dehydrated unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tspn of chia seeds
- 1 Tspn of sea salt
- 1 Tspn of cinnamon
- 6 drops of Doterra orange essential oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a crystal tray
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl
- Place the mixture in the crystal tray and with you hand level the mixture so its flat and even and no more than 1 inch width
- Cut the flat dough in rectangular shapes using the knife with one movement (not to crumb the dough) It’s important the dough is tight so it will not crumble when it’s fully baked
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes max. Let them cool and carefully divide the bars and Voila!
- They can last good for max a week if kept in an airtight container