02 May Quinoa Tabouleh Salad
This recipe is a combination of a very popular South American gluten-free and a middle eastern salad. Charged with protein and fiber for a balanced meal. Moreover, adding thyme and marjoram Doterra essential oils bring therapeutic properties to this dish.
Thyme essential oil: Highly antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant antiviral and antiseptic.
Marjoram essential oil: Antibacterial, anti-infectious, antispasmodic, sedative, digestive stimulant.
Easy for a summer family lunch or picnic.
Time: 30 mins
- 2 ½ cups of cooked quinoa and cooled to room temperature
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber peeled, halved, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or one can drained and rinsed
- 8 green onions (white and green parts) thinly sliced
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of chopped mint
- Zest of 1 lemon and juice of two lemons or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 drop of thyme essential oil
- 1 drop of marjoram essential oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Iits very easy to do, so I hope to hear your comments and see the photos when you decide to make it.
Share and enjoy!