24 Jul Super Veggie Burger
By: Maria X Ospina
Serves: 6/7 patties
This burger is so filling and yummy it won’t disappoint you. I promise.
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cans of rinsed and drained kidney beans
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tspn chili powder
- 1 tspn garlic salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tspn hot sauce
- 1 cup of bread crumbs or as needed
- Olive oil
- Cook the brown rice and once is ready mix with shredded mozzarella
- Mash the kidney beans with a fork until pasty, set aside.
- Place the onion, mushrooms, garlic in the food processor. Once this is ready, mix it with the mashed beans. Place the brown rice and cheese in the food processor and process until combined. Stir the mixture into the beans.
- Whisk together the eggs, chili powder, garlic salt and hot sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the bean mixture adding the breadcrumbs until the mixture is sticky and hold together.
- Divide into 6/7 patties.
- Pan fry the patties with olive oil.
- Once the patties are cool, you may freeze them.